The U.S. Supreme Court is hearing cases challenging affirmative action programs at Harvard and UNC-Chapel Hill. Race-based affirmative action has been losing support in the United States for some time. Will the court allow proxies that favor White students to stand while eliminating affirmative action? Donna Brazile: Supreme Court’s upcoming decisions on affirmative action in college admissions not yet leaked. She says the court has long been telegraphing its determination to declare affirmative action unconstitutional. Factors such as where students live and whether they grew up in poverty are proxies for race.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data