Video shows a student using a racial epithet and “belittling and demeaning” phrases. The video was sent to students and staff at Severna Park High School in Anne Arundel County. Students involved in the incident have been identified and disciplined, officials say. The video was sent to Severna Park High School via AirDrop, a rapid file transfer mechanism. Filmmaker Michael McWhorter posted about the incident on his own TikTok account and encouraged people to contact the school. He said he wanted the students involved to learn that the behavior was wrong while they were young.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data