Full-time teachers in public schools pulled in an average annual base salary of $61,600. That compares with $46,40o for private school teachers, according to the National Center for Education Statistics. The persistent pay gap between public and private schools is probably worsened by lesser employee benefits. Public school principals worked an average of 58 hours a week on all school-related tasks. 80 percent of public school teachers are White, 9 percent are Hispanic, 6 percent are Black and 2 percent are Asian. Three-quarters are women, with an average age of 43.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data