Criminal cases are scheduled to move forward Thursday against two top Loudoun County school officials. Wayde Byard and Scott Ziegler were charged following an investigation into how the district handled a pair of sexual assaults committed by the same student in 2021. The school system was a target of former Gov. Glenn Youngkin’s (R) campaign. School board discussed policy changes to improve how it handles security incidents in schools.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data