There is no question the U.S. high school graduation rate has been increasing. He says evidence shows that making it easier to get a credential hasn’t diminished learning. Even a diploma won cheaply can have a good effect on a student’s future. Credit-recovery courses are increasingly common in schools threatened by low graduation rates. Students can access the internet while taking them, and repeat the test until they pass. Louisiana’s high school graduation rate increased from 64 percent in 2005-2006 to 81 percent in 2017-2018.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data