Speakers call for superintendent to be fired, and many say metal detectors are inadequate. Many say discipline at district schools had deteriorated, resulting in unsafe classrooms. “We demand that our kids and teachers come home safe every day,” says Colleen Renthrope. First-grade teacher Abigail Zwerner was struck in the hand and chest by a student’s bullet. School has been closed since; no word on when it will reopen.
More from EducationMore posts in Education »
- A fresh book is what students crave. Librarians are unable to purchase them due to limitations.
- In light of criticism of the college savings scheme, the Maryland 529 board chair resigns.
- The head of Fairfax Public Schools promises to address award notification delays.
- Overdoses among young people in Montgomery County rose 77% in 2022.
- What does a college education cost? States begin requiring institutions to provide the data